Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kiss Nail Dress

 I got these Kiss Nail Dress strips in my VoxBox!

In the box, you have 28 strips in 14 different sizes, so I imagine anyone could find a size that would fit them. Plus, they include sizes that will fit toes! I imagine you would probably be able to do your fingernails and toenails with one pack. You also get a small nail file, so everything you need to apply these is in the box.

I have only used nail polish strips one other time, a different brand, but they were such a pain in the butt to apply that I didn't even get one whole hand done. They were super thin and flimsy, they tore, I wasn't impressed and it was likely that I wouldn't try any strips again because of that experience. Then, I got these in my VoxBox. The design isn't what I would have chosen for myself, but there are a lot of designs to choose from, should I buy them again.











Applying these was easy. They come off of the plastic easily and are thick enough to hold their shape while you place them correctly. They almost feel like thin vinyl, I don't think they are actually polish. It says to place them and then push out from the middle. Doing that on my nails created some folds on the edges of the strips that will probably drive me crazy the whole time I have these on. I found as I went that if I stretched them slightly as I applied, they went on a little better. Then you just fold over your nail at the end and file off the excess. You could also cut them if your nails are short and you wanted to save the other side for your toes and then file the excess. Other than the small folds in some of the ones that I did first, they went on smoothly and it only took about 5 minutes.

Now...we see how long and how well these wear!
...

Well, they lasted on my nails for 3 days before the thumbs started to lift. Not worth spending the cost of an entire bottle of nail polish. I did end up putting them on my toes and they are still going strong. I imagine that it's because I don't do much with my feet. It's sort of hard to wash dishes and change diapers with your toes. I'd be willing to try these again and maybe do a little more of prep on my nails, perhaps buff a bit to give the glue something good to hold onto, because I did like the look of them and I saw some cute styles in the store. Bottom line is that they would be good for special occasions and such, because they are still cheaper than a full manicure!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooh. Never thought to try these. I love doing my nails!

    And I laughed out loud thinking of you doing dishes with your toes.

    ReplyDelete